money-for-silver.jpg

free silver pack pic

61 Tons of Silver Recovered From the Ocean

October 21, 2013

Odyssey Marine Exploration
Photo via Flickr

 
Whether you stop to collect every quarter, nickel, and dime you see on the sidewalk or actively scan beaches with a metal detector, the dream of striking it rich is lost on no one. And for the Florida-based marine salvage company Odyssey Marine Exploration, that dream is a reality.
 
In 2012, the company located the wreckage of the SS Gairsoppa, which was sunk by a German U-boat in 1941. Lying on the bottom of the Atlantic about 300 miles off the coast of Ireland, the British ship was carrying seven million ounces of silver—the largest known amount of precious metal ever recovered from the ocean floor.
 
Roughly 48 tons of silver were pulled from the wreckage last year, and about 61 more tons were extracted this month. The most recent haul is worth over $38 million, 80 percent of which belongs to Odyssey Marine. The remaining 20 percent is to be returned to the British government.

Cash in on Your Own Silver

 
While Odyssey Marine Exploration cashes in on their monumental discovery, you can turn your own silver into cash as well. With Cash for Silver USA, you can easily and quickly receive cash for silver objects of all kinds, from silver coins to silver flatware to silver jewelry. We cover all of the costs associated with shipping and insuring your package, and you’ll receive top dollar in return. So if you have unwanted silver to sell, get a free shipping label at Cash for Silver USA today.


Fill Out The Form To Get

A SHIPPING LABEL

First Name:

Last Name:

Address

Apt.# / Ste.

City

Country

State/Prv.

Zip / Post

Email

Phone

Material Description

Approx. Weight  (lbs.)

How would you like to receive your FREE Shipping Label?

We also buy old or broken cell phones, do you have any you'd like to sell?     yes - no

We respect your privacy.
We have been in business since 1975.
We hate spam as much as you.
We will not do it.